National Service Scheme - NSS
To arouse the social conscience of the students by exposing them to the realities of life NSS Wing was established in the college in 2004. The NSS Unit II was also started in the next following year 2005. Since then both NSS Unit I & II have been functioning successfully. There are 400 NSS Volunteers who actively participate in the various programmes organized by NSS Cell.
The aim of NSS is to develop a sense of social and civic responsibility among the volunteers and to help them acquire leadership qualities. The NSS Wing in collaboration with the NSS Cell of Osmania University organize and participate in various Community Programmes.
Main Extension Activities
- 20th June, 2016, To make the Mass plantation programme (Telanganaku haritha haram) NSS Volunteers and the NSS committee members formed into various groups and started preparing the ground for the mass plantation by digging the pits of appropriate depth and other specified dimensions in the snehapuri colony.
- 11th July 2016, Haritha haram programme began at 10:00 AM and the first sapling was planted by Mrs. Shanthi Saizen Shekar, Corporator, Nacharam. The Correspondent Sr. Japamala, The Principal, Sr. Manickyam and the NSS Committee cocrdinators, along with the NSS committee members in the Snehapuri colony, Nacharam.
- The other NSS committee and PEARL committee members, Mrs. Lalitha Devi, Dr.Sangeetha laxmi and Mrs.Kala Bharathi along with around 200 NSS volunteers participated in the Haritha Haram Programme at NFC.
- International Youth Day which was organized on 22-Aug- 2016 by Osmania University in collaboration with Government of Telangana at Sundarayya Vignana Kendram, Barkatpura.
Youth for Swachatta:
- Along with the community association our NSS Volunteers regularly participate in the Swachatta programme( Clean and green surroundings) highlighting the importance of keeping the surroundings neat and clean. A door to door campaign in the locality was conducted this year.
It is regular feature of NSS to arrange Health Awareness programmes
- International Yoga Day was celebrated in the college auditorium on 21st June, 2016.
- NSS Volunteers and committee members of UNIT I & II participated in this programme. Yoga instructors, Mr.Lakshmaiah and Mr.Bhoomayya explained and showed some basic yogasanas and meditation.
Awareness programme on Road Safety:
- On 30th Aug 2016, An awareness Programme on Road Safety was arranged for the NSS Volunteers by the NSS committee in collaboration with the Indian Development Foundation ,Road Safety Club and Telangana Motor Vehicle Inspectors Association. Mr.Sanjay Ram , Project Coordinator, IDF, gave a presentation on Road safety rules.
Awareness programme on “Digital Payments”:
- The effect of Demonetisation has accentuated the need for the Indians to move towards cashless transactions. But not many citizens are aware of these transactions. The NSS Unit has taken it as a prime responsibility to conduct awareness and training Programmme on Cashless Transactions for Class IV Employees and for the People in the Community by the NSS Volunteers.
- Programmes on Education for children and adults are regularly organized. Volunteers regularly visit the neighbourhood schools to educate and provide guidance to the students in various issues.
- As it is the social responsibility of every individual to protect the earth from global warming NSS committee and Department of Physics organised a one day “Signature Campaign” on “Safe and Diwali” on 28th Oct 2016 along with the NSS volunteers , in the College campus and neighborhood
- The First year UG Students were enlightened about significance of National Service Scheme and the responsibilities of an NSS volunteer on 21-07- 2016 in the auditorium.
Skill Development Programme
To empower women skill development programmes are organized. Candle making, best out of waste and other creativity programmes are conducted. Small savings schemes are explained in the community.
- NSS SPECIAL CAMP was conducted from 13th February, 2016 to 19th February, 2016.
- NSS Volunteers from Unit I & Unit II participated in this camp held at Nacharam division. The volunteers contributed their services in Ambedkar nagar, Errakunta and Nacharam village. Dr.P.Vishnu Dev, NSS Corodinator, OU, Mrs Shanti Saizen Shekar, Municipal Corporator, Nacharam division, Dr, Ravi NSS Instructor, Mr. Ramdas, Principal, Mandal Parishad School, Ms.D.Anitha & Mrs. K.Malathi NSS Programme Officers graced the occasion. Activities undertaken in this camp are Literacy programme, Plastering of floor, White washing the school premises, awareness on health and hygiene, Socio economic survey, Self employment programmes were conducted in this camp
- Ms. A. Avanissa of III B.com (cs) was awarded Best NSS volunteer for the year 2016-17.
National Cadet Corps - NCC
It is a pride that our NSS Units have won accolades at the University level