- The Department of Biochemistry in collaboration with the Departments of Microbiology and Computer science organized the Orientation Programme on 2nd July, 2018 for the Parents of I Year students during which a Panoramic view of the regular Activities, Rules and Regulations of the Institution were explained.
- Campaining Programme by M.Sc I & II year students on “Avoid Junk food For A Healthy Life”
- Career Guidance Programme on Careers in Sciences- Make an Informed Decision:The motto of the lecture was to give insight of career opportunities in life sciences and the significance of live project work for the PG students.The Guest Speaker for the program was Dr.Raj Kiran and Dr.Deepika The various PG programs, employment in the research institutes, Competitive Exams for enrolling into PhD in India as well abroad and start up opportunities available were discussed
The modules of various projects that could be undertaken at “Cytomol Diagnostic & Genetic Labs” were also suggested. The queries of the students were addressed and a feedback was taken from them
- Career Guidance Programme titled “ What’s Next?” For B.Sc and M.Sc Students.
- Orientation Lecture on “ Career trends in life Sciences “ for I & II M.Sc Students.
- The students of III B.Sc along with the Faculty members Mrs.Rani Padmini and Mrs.Swathi went on a field trip to “The Institute of Genetics”, Begumpet, Hyderabad to explore the novel technology in assessing a genetic Disorder.
- Field Trips to CCMB by I & II M.Sc Students.
- Field Trip to CPMB by III B.Sc BCMC students.
- Dietetrics Day Celebration at NIN by II.B.Sc Students.
- Guest Lecture on RT-PCR –Principle and Applications by Dr.B.Vijaya Lakshmi, Senior Scientist ,Institute of Genetic Diseases ,Osmania University.
- Orientation lecture by Dr.Arvind Shetty ,Director , Param Bioinformatics
- Guest Lecture on Intelllectual Property Rights by Dr. Jyothi Bhadri, Scientist, IARI.
- Field Trip to IICT ,CCMB National Science Exhibitions on the occasion of platinum Jubliee of CSIR
- 54hrs Course on Advanced Excel: Two faculty members Ms.Sandhya Maithreyi and Mrs.N.Swathisree Successfully completed a 54hrs course on Advance Excel Course from 5/11/2017 to 14/12/2017 at St.Pious X Degree and Pg College for women organized by Department of Computer Science in collaboration with NIIT.
- Career Guidance Program: A Career Guidance program to enlighten students about CSIR , UGC NET , GATE and other Phd Entrance Exams, was organized by the Department of Biochemistry for the students of I.MSCand II.M.Sc Biochemistry and Miocrobiology on 22/2/2018. The guest speaker of the program was Miss.Shradddha Vyas from “Vyas Academy for CSIR”.
Mrs.N.Swathi, Faculty, Department of Biochemistry attended a One week Workshop(31st July, 2018 to 4th August, 2018) on “Gender Senstitization” sponsored by UGC at JNTUH, Kukatpally.
The students of II M.Sc and I M.Sc have attended the National Workshop on “Innovative Teaching-A Virtual Lab Approach” ,organized by the Department of Physics in association with Amritha Vishwa Vidyapeetham on 29th August, 2018.
- The students of III B.Sc and I M.Sc along with the faculty members Mrs.Padmini and MS.Sandhya visited the “Sadhana Home’’ , A home for the intellectually challenged and old Age and donated 100 kg of rice and clothes to the needy on 11th September, 2018.
- Campaign on “Healthy lifestyle and Nutrition”: On 3/1/2018, 3 Students of I.B.Sc BCMC accompanied by 1 faculty member Miss V. Rani Padmini presented posters on “7 rules for a healthy lifestyle” and “Nutrition” for the NSS Volunteers in the morning session and to the people of neighborhood in the afternoon session at Ambedkar Nagar, community hall. Nacharam
Students participation in the inter collegiate competiton
- The I and II M.Sc students along with Mrs.Afreen, Faculty member attended a Two Day “National Seminar on Impact of Biochemistryin Interdisciplinary Research” organized by the Department of Biochemistry, Osmania University .The seminar was sponsored by DST-Purse Programme, TSCHE,
- TAS and Indian Society of Analytical Scientists.
T.Sneha and B.Harika of I M.Sc Biochemistry presented a poster on “ Assessing the gene expression and role of osteoporotic MG-63 Osteoblasts in the bone formation using cowpea & viamin D”
- The students of I M.Sc Biochemistry participated in the “Fotoutsav” One click Photo competition , organized by the department of English and Mass communication on 25th August, 2018.
- Student participation in “Sci-Connect’18”: on 23/2/2018 Students of II.B.Sc BCMC ,N.Sai Namratha, Poojitha, Sabha, Nureen attended and participated in various events like “Treasure Hunt”, “Spell Bee”, “It’s A Word” at St.Marys college Yosufguda during National Science Day Celebrations
- Student participation in Bhavanothsav: On 23/2/2018 students of I M.Sc Biochemistry N. Suman kumara yadav, Johnson Jemima, N. Soumya , Sonali P. attended and participated in Poster Presentation competition on the topic “Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Diseases-Obesity” at Bhavans Vivekananda college Sainikpuri.
On account of Independence Day Celebrations on 15th August, 2018 various competitions were conducted. The students of III B.Sc BcMC won the III Prize and the students of I B.Sc BcMC won the first Prize in the dance competition. Ms.Sneha and Ms.Babuli participated in the Group singing Competition.
The students of I BcMC and M.Sc participated in the Group Dance competition conducted on Pious Feast(21st August, 2018). The M.Sc students won the II Prize.
The Freshers’Party for the I M.Sc students was organized on 7th September 2018. The Principal and the Correspondent congratulated the freshers and encouraged them to pursue their Ph.D and build a career in science. The second year students organized the entertainment programme and Miss Fresher Contest on 7thSeptember, 2018.