Two day workshop on Info@ Lab Hazards and Safety Measures & Info@ Scope in Basic Sciences:
A two day workshop titled “Info@ Lab Hazards and Safety Measures and Info@ Scope in Basic Sciences”, had been organized by the Department of Chemistry on 26th and 27th August 2016. Three distinguished speakers from Indian Premier Research Institutes and reputed industry had delivered their talks on the above subjects. All U.G and P.G students of the Chemistry Department and PG students of the other basic science subjects ( Microbiology, Biochemistry, Physics and Mathematics) attended the workshop.
Guest Lecture :
- A Guest lecture was organized for M.Sc. final year students on the topic “ Introduction to Spectroscopy and Materials” on 27- 6- 2016 in the college Auditorium. The speaker was Prof. Vittal, Chairman, Board of Studies, Department of Chemistry, Osmania University.
- A Guest lecture was organized for M.Sc. final year students on the topic “ Chiral Catalyst Controlled Asymmetric Synthesis” on 21- 9- 2016 in the Conference Hall. The speaker was Prof. Vijjulatha, Department of Chemistry, Osmania University.
- A Guest Lecture was organized for M.Sc students on the topic Supra Molecular Chemistry on 22nd Sep,2017 by Prof Vijjulatha, Department of Chemistry,Osmania University.
28th Mar 2018: All M.Sc students went on an Industry visit to Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
26th Nov 2016: All M.Sc Iyr and IIyr Chemistry students went on an Industry visit. All the PG students and two faculty members visited “Mylan Laboratories Limited”, Hyderabad. The prime objective of this tour is to make the students aware of technological advancement and its impact on pharmaceutical industry. The students went to the R & D section of the industry and got opportunity to know about the thrust research area in this field. They were motivated to carry out summer research project in the pharmaceutical lab. The students could see many new sophisticated advanced instruments and their operational techniques like XRD, particle size distribution instrument, tablet coating machine, sonicator, Milli Q water system, Thermo Gravimetry Analysis (TGA) and others.The tour was highly beneficial to the students aiming for building their career in Pharmaceutical industry.
- The department and Jana Vignana Vedika (NGO) organized a ‘March for Science’ from Nacharam to Tarnaka demanding the government to allocate funds towards scientific research. 600 students and scientists from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) took part in the march.
on 9th August, 2017 for Neighborhood.
- Share a meal’- five staff members and 25 students of Department of Chemistry, Zoology and Genetics visited Divya Disha Orphanage in Boduppal, Hyderabad. They sponsored meal for the inmates and distributed blankets, stationeries, clothes, groceries and food itemson 13th Jan, 2018 in Divya Disha Orphanage in Boduppal, Hyderabad.
- Mobile Lab Experiments:
The department had organized an innovative program “Mobile Lab Experiments” on 16th Nov’2016. The motto of the program is to provide the opportunity to the school students for “Learning Science supported by Live Experiments”. With a few exceptions most of the schools are lacking in laboratory facility. Teaching of science subject with demonstration experiment is most essential for developing the basic concept of science.
With the mission of generating interest in basic science among the school children, final year PG students and two faculty members of the department visited “Holy Angel School” , Tarnaka, and demonstrated few basic experiments. They showed the technique of performing basic chemistry experiments like sublimation, filtration and others. The students had demonstrated the experiments related to the following topics: i) Types of Reactions ii) Test for organic unsaturation iii) Effect of catalyst. At the end students were entertained with “Chemistry and Fun”.
- The department contributed Rs 3000 to Tapasvi orphanage, Alkapuri, Hyderabad.
The department and Jana Vignana Vedika (NGO) organized a ‘March for Science’ from Nacharam to Tarnaka on 9th August, 2017, demanding the government to allocate funds towards scientific research; 600 students and scientists from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) took part in the march.
One day workshop on IPR titled “Role of IPRs in Creative India; Innovative India” was organized on 11th November, 2017 . The 21st century belongs to knowledge era and is driven by knowledge economy – an economy that creates, disseminates and uses knowledge to enhance growth and development. There is a need to propagate the value of transforming knowledge into IP assets. This requires a major paradigm shift of how knowledge is viewed and valued. Common people are unaware of the benefit of IP rights or of their own capabilities to create IP asset or the value of their ideas. Seminars / Workshops are to be conducted to promote awareness and to highlight the process of IP creation it’s values. The objectives of the seminar are:
- To transfer knowledge and educate the youth about the value and protection of their ideas, design, innovation etc.
- To enlighten students about the need and benefits of IPR so that they may consider it as a career option.
- To provide a common platform for experts and students for open discussion.
The distinguished speakers of the workshop were:
Dr.G.B.Reddy, Professor of Law, Dean, Faculty of Law, Osmania University, Hyderabad
Ms. Anitha Ponnekanti, Manager- Intellectual Property, ISP (India) Pvt. Ltd., Ashland Inc, Hyderabad
Dr.D.T.Mohan Krishna, Associate Professor, Vice Principal, Pendekanti Law College, Hyderabad
Mrs. Sandhya (LLM), Advocate, High Court, Hyderabad, Telangana
The MoU is signed with Qstatix Pvt. Ltd.,Hyderabadto establish Academic and professional Exchanges with effect from 1st April ,2018 -1st May ,2019
Training the students of the college in Computer Aided Drug design/Molecular docking/Molecular Dynamics/Virtual Screening.
MoU helps in the increase of scalability of Qstatix Pvt. Ltd. Business
An Orientaion to UG and PG students on "chemo informatics" by Dr.Purushottam and Dr.Karunakar of QSTATIX on 2nd April, 2018
A Motivational lecture on research in chemical science to PG students by Dr.Chary S.NV, Director, ChemDirect on 6th April 2018.