- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended refreshers course on ‘Material Science’ conducted by Academic Staff College ,MHRDC ,Osmania University
- On 26th March,2019 Dr.R.Komala attended one day workshop on ‘ CONTRIBUTOR PERSONAITY’ organised by Vivekananda institute of excellence , Hyderabad
- On 3rd& 4th May 2019 Dr.R.Komala attended two day National workshop on E-Yantra ROBOTICS Organised by IIT Bombay at Hindustan college of science and arts, Coimbatore
- On 30th March 2019 Dr.R.Komala and Mrs Paleena attended one day National workshop on An Innovative teaching-VIRTUAL LAB Approach as Resource persons at Keshav Memorial Degree college, hyd.
- On 16th April 2019 Dr.R.Komala was Resource person at PanditDeenDayal petroleum University, Gujrat. She delivered a lecture on ‘INNOVATIONS- NEED OF THE HOUR’
- On 27th April 2019 Dr.R.Komala attended a State level workshop as resource person on VIRTUAL LABS for A.S.RAO Awards council, Hyderabad
- Dr.R.Komala,IQAC co-ordinator was invited by Commisioner Collegiate Education(CCE) as a Resource Person for a Two-day Workshop on 'NAAC Revised framework-Quality enhancement' on 29th Nov, 2018
- On 14thand 15thSeptember, 2018 Department of Physics organised Two day Workshop on ‘Drones’ in association with Sansah Innovation Private Limited. Mr. Sanjay from Sansah Innovation Private Limited was the resource person. 80 students of I B.Sc.(MPC & MPCs) and 30 students of PG were participated.
- One day workshop on ‘EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS’ was organized in colobration with Texla Scientifics for UG faculty members from various colleges.
- K.Vani has attended one-day workshop on ‘Embedded Systems’ organized by HRD College, Narayanaguda, and Hyderabad.
- SangeethaLaksmi and Ms.Paleena Thulimilli along with II MSc students attended a two day workshop on ‘Experimental Characterization and Computational Techniques of Novel Materials’ at City College, Hyderabad.
On 12-12-19, the Department of Physics organised One Day Lecture Series on the topic 'Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Nano Materials' sponsored by Indian Association of Physics Teachers. The chief speaker of the Programme was Prof. D. Ravinder, Chairman of Bodies, Department of Physics, Osmania University. He motivated the students to pursue Ph.D after post-graduation and emphasized on the scope of research on nano materials and their applications. Mrs.K.Vani, Research Scholar, Physics Department, Osmania University delivered a talk on the research developments in the field of nano materials.The students of UG and PG have presented papers on 'The Novel Applications of Nano Materials' and A collection of Abstracts was released on the same topic.
- On 13th Feb, 2020-The Department of Physics organised Orientation Program for III B.Sc Physics Students by Kiranjangam on Mileseducation.com
- On 18th Feb, 2020-The Department of Physics organised Orientation Program for III B.Sc Physics Students by Mr.Sudhakar, MD-Spark Institute
- On 19th Feb, 2020-The Department of Physics organised Orientation Program for II B.Sc Physics Students by
Mr.Sudhakar, MD-Spark Institute on JAM(Joint Admission Test)
Mrs. Paleena Thulimilli and Ms. K.Vani faculty,Department of Physics attended a one Week Faculty development program on"B.Sc. (CBCS) Physics new syllabus for Physics Teachers" organized by PG department of Physics A.V College of Arts and Science, Domalguda from 18th June, 2018 to 23rd2018
- Departments of Physics of St.Pious Degree & PG College for Women, Nacharam, Hyderabad in collaboration with RECYKAL Private Limited, Hyderabad has organised an awareness campaign on hazards of e-waste in the campus and neighbourhood from 10th July to 10th August 2018. The E-waste consisting various used electronic devices like Monitors, Printers , Incubators, Mosquito bats, cell phones Charges, Watches etc and sent to RECYKAL Private Limited, Hyderabad for recycling in a eco-friendly way.
- Paleena Thulimilli along with members of Galaxy Club visited Holy Angels School, Nacharam and gave demonstrations on physics experiments like interference, magnetism & electricity.
- Students and neighborhood were made aware of the hazards of e waste on the environment and the concept of Reuse, Reduce and Recycle of e-waste was promoted. Students were encouraged to collect house hold e waste from neighboring colonies.
873 Kgs of e waste from campus and neighborhood was collected on 23.11. 16, and sent to ‘Earth Sense Recycle ltd’ , Hyderabad where it was disposed in an eco-friendly way.
- Komala, HOD, along with members of Galaxy Club visited Tabitha home for orphans shared a meal and also celebrated Christmas with the inmates of orphanage on 21.12.16.
- Solar energy mini lamps and study lamps were distributed among the residence of neighbouring slum area by the students and faculty members.
- 11/9/2017 M.Yeshaswini II MPC Participated in intercollegiate Competition organized by little Flower Degree College, Uppal on the theme ‘Best out of e-Waste.
- On 23/1/2018 Dept. of Physics conducted competition on ‘Live Demonstration on Apps in Learning’for III B.Sc Physics students on account of Galaxy day Celebrations.
- On 23/1/2018 Dept. of Physics conducted JAM Session on ‘Renewable Energy Sources’ for I B.Sc Physics students on account of Galaxy day Celebrations.
- On 24/1/2018 Dept. of Physics conducted Poster Presentation competition on ‘Eco-friendly practices of our College’ for II B.Sc Physics students on account of Galaxy day Celebrations.
- On 25/01/2018 Dept. of Physics conducted Quiz on General Physics on account of Galaxy day Celebrations for UG physics students.
- On 25/01/2018 Dept. of physics celebrated Galaxy Club day.
- On 6/2/2018 Dr. R. Komala attended a one day national seminar on ‘Emerging trends in teaching and learning’ conducted by A.V. College, Hyderabad and presented a paper on ‘Technology Blended teaching and learning’. This paper was published in International Journal of Research Culture Society. She was also one of the resource persons in knowledge sharing session.
Department of physics, on 18th August organised National level Anveshika experimental skills test 2018 in association with Indian Association of Physics Teachers. Students from high school, junior college, degree and post-graduation participated in this test. Video clippings were shown and students were asked to write answers to the questions related to the clippings shown. Mr.Murthy, Vignana Bharathi, Anveshika was the coordinator for the test. A total of 54 Students from St. Francis, Begumpet, RBVR Reddy College, St. Anthony’s school, Secunderabad and St.Pious X Degree & PG College for women, Nacharam participated in this Screening teston experimental skill.
- ON 30TH AND 31ST March,2019 Ms.K.Vani attended two day national conference on advances in Nano and functional materials conducted by dept of physics ,OU
- Dr.R .Komala went to RUSA research centre as an assessor for student projects of telangana state govt degree colleges.
- Students of M.sc physics presented a paper entitled “ NEED FOR LIQUID WASTE MANAGEMENT FOR SUSTAINABLE TOMORROW” in National conference organised at CHRIST UNIVERSITY banglore.
- Ms.K.Vani attended National conference on recent trends in nano materials at Dr.Br.Ambedjar college, hyd
- M.sc physics students attended online spoken tutorials on ‘SCILABS’
- M.sc students attended IDEATHON competition conducted by IIC.
- Deekshitha IImpcs participated in Article presentation , on topic “what according to you is best invention in science for people and why” on the occasion of National science day.
- Four students of IIIBsc MPCs have participated in IMPLEXIS-REX (physics) an Intercollegiate competition at Little flower degree college Festalattraria.
- Bsc physics students participated in National science day celebrated at SarojininaiduVanithaMahavidhyala, presented models and posters on LASER SECURITY ALARAM & AUTOMATIC STREET LIGHTS.
- On 15th February 2019 Dept. of physics conducted a demonstrative lecture on ‘LEARNING THROUGH EXPERIMENTS’ on account of science day celebrations
- On 29th July, 2018 Department of Physics organised one day National Workshop on “Innovative Teaching- A virtual Lab Approach” in association with AmrithaVishwa Vidhyapeetam,Kerala.
- Mrs. Paleena Thulimilli and Ms. K.Vani faculty,Department of Physics attended aOne day national seminar on innovations and developments in Macro, Micro and Nano materials
organized by Indira Priyadarsini Govt. Degree College for Women,Nampally,Hyderabad on 14th November, 2018.
- Sangeetha Lakshmi accompanied 25 students and attended a seminar on ‘Personality Development’ by Arun Tiwari of Care Foundation and a close associate of Dr.Abdul Kalam at IICT.
- On 27/10/2017 Dr. M. Sangeetha attended seminar on Self Control at IICT Auditorium along with 120 UG &PG students.
- On 4/1/2018 Dr. P. Sangeetha Lakshmi &Ms.K.Vani along with 55 UG & PG students attended a Guest Lecture by Noble Laureate in Physics from Japan Prof. Hiroshi Amano at IICT Auditorium.
- On 24th Jan, 2020-A Field trip for III B.Sc (MPC and MPCs) students was arranged to IICT Hyderabad. Dr.M.Sangeetha and Mrs.T.Paleena accompanied students by Physics Dept.
- On 4th April 2019 M.Sc physics students visited TRANSCO sub-station as field trip, Tarnaka, hyd.
- On 08-08-2016 Department of physics organized field trip to ISRO (NRSC), Jeedimetla, and Hyderabad.61 Students of IIB.Sc. and M.Sc. (Physics) accompanied by Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi and Dr.M.Sangeetha Faculty of physics visited.
- I BSc and MSc students were taken to IICT to visit the ‘C.S.I.R Platinum Jubilee Celebrations’