Departmental Events 2017-21
Departmental Events 2021-23
- The Department of Physics has signed an MOU with Pantech e learning Private Limited to train our students towards Job Ready Courses, offer them internships, for Resource Sharing and Consultancy work.
- To mark the international year of glass 2022, declared by UN, Department of Physics ,St Pious X Degree & PG college for Women, Hyderabad organised an online National Seminar on ‘ Recent Advances in Glass materials and technology on 07-12-2022 in association with Indian Association of Physics Teachers.
- On 17 September 2022, Department of Physics in Collaboration with Providence College for Women, Calicut Kerala organised a Webinar on ‘An Interactive Research Ideas Exchange programme for students pursuing Physics. In this webinar 2 research scholars and 4 PG students from Providence College and Students from St. Pious College gave presentations. On ‘Study of Stars, International Year of Glass’ celebrations, Quantum nano dots and innovations in the field of Agriculture. More than 100 students from both the Colleges attended the webinar.
- Dept. of Physics organized, National webinar on “Prospects of Renewable Energy Resources” in association with Pantech – e learning for UG and PG students on 4th February, 2022. Mr. Sri Hari, Technical Supervisor, Pantech e-learning was the resource person.450 students participated
- On 23, Aug, 2022 Department of Physics, organised a webinar on ;Renewable Energy for a Sustainable World in colloboration with Department of Renewable Energy from St.Alberts College, Ernakulum, Kerala. 96 students from UG I and II years B.Sc Physical Sciences have attended the webinar sessions .Resource. Persons are Ms.Aswini,Asst.Professor and Mr.Jerin Mohan Asst. Professor Dept of Renewable Energy,St.Alberts College
Poster Presentation competetion:
- Dept.of Physics conducted Online Poster Presentation Competition on “Innovative Ideas In presenting concepts of Physics”for School & College students form 19-26 JUly,2021
- Department of Physics organised a two day Skill Development Workshop on Making of LED bulbs; on 28th & 29 th April, 2022. B.Mallesham, Director, Inn hub technologies, Karimnagar was the resource person for the workshop
- On 29th November 2022, Department of Physics conducted online workshop on Virtual labs for the students of B.Sc and M.Sc students in association with Amritha Viswa Vidhyalaya Peetham. Mr.Saneesh, Project Manager, Value virtual labs ,Amritha was the resource person. 75 students attended this workshop.
- Dept.of Physics organized a Three day workshop on Arduino & its Applications and IoT from 10-12/11/2021 in collaboration with PANTECH e-learning Pvt.Ltd. total 72 students of III B.Sc & II M.Sc Students actively participated.
- On 20th December 2021, Departments of Physics and Computer Science disposed 1840kgs of E-Waste(Monitors,CPUs,Cell Phones,Batteries etc.) which was collected from students,Faculty and the neighbourhood during November & December .It was
disposed in Eco friendly way in association with Earth Sense Recycle Pvt Ltd .
- From 14th-21th December 2022, Department of Physics organised week long online campaign on “Save Energy for Sustainable Future’ on the occasion of National energy conservation day.
- On 20th August 2021 on Account of Urjadiwas Department of Physics conducted Online Quiz to create awareness on Renewable energy Sources.
- Dept.of Physics along with Dept.of Computer Sciences conducted month long E-Waste Awareness Drive from 1st November,2021 to 30th November,2021
On Dec,20,2021 Departments of Physics and Computer Science collected 1840kgs of Solid Waste out of which 390 kgs was E-Waste .It was disposed in Eco friendly way in association with Earth Sense Recycle Pvt Ltd
- On 21st August 2021 along with the Departments of Zoology & Genetics ,Department of Physics Celebrated St. Pious Feast and conducted Online Quiz on the life of St. Pious Feast, Solo Dance and Virtues of St. Pious Competitions for UG & PG Students.
- On 25th Aug, 2022, 10 students from UG and PG visited National Centre for Compositional Characterisation of Materials (NCCCM), Hyderabad , along with Dr.Komala and Dr.M.Sangeetha from Department of Physics
- On 8 th July 2022, dept .of Physics arranged Educational Field Trip to National Remote Sensing Centre(NRSC), Jeedimetla, Hyderabad, and Telengana State Forest Academy,Dhulapally.54 students of M.Sc. both Physics and Maths accompanied by Mrs. Vedasree dept.of CS,Dr.Komala,Dr.Sangeetha Lakshmi from Dept of Physics. The purpose of visit was to make
students understand the process of receiving satellite data and generation of data .
- On 19th July 2021 Dept. of Physics organized a National Webinar in association with VIBHA NGO) on ‘Photo electricity Effect’ on the occasion of Competition of 100 years Nobel Prize Reception by Albert Einstein. Sri.Jithender Singh,Scientist,DRDO is the Resource Person .104 students from various schools and colleges participated in the competition
- On 4th February 2021 Dept. of Physics organized a National Webinar in association with PANTECH e Learning on ‘Prospects of Renewable energy Resources’
Student Centric Activities
Alumni Interaction Sessions
- On 30th Aug, 2022 Miss.Lakshmi Raja of 2022 passed out alumni interacted with B.Sc II yr students and shared her preparation strategies for successfully getting admission into IIT(H) for post graduation in Medical Physics
- I M.Sc Physics Students completed 3 Weeks Internship Program “ Vigyana Vidushi” offered by Homi Bhabha Centre of Science Education,TIFR,Bombay from 31st May to 21st June,2021
Workshops Attended by Students:
- On 22-23rd October, 2021 Ms.Lakshmi Raja, III MPC attended a two day Workshop on “Exploring binary stars using grounded and Space based observatories” organized by Department of Astronomy, Osmania University, Hyderabad
Online Courses by Students:
- Ms.Lakshmi Raj,III MPC attended Two weeks Online Winter School on RadioAstronomy “ organized by IUCAA NCRA-TIFR from 20/12/2021 to 1/1/2022
- Ms.Lakshmi Raj,III MPC attended Three Day Online lecture series on Astronomy organized by Asian Winter School, Japan(SOKEIDAI)from Jan 02-04 2022
- Ms.K.Sai Bhavani,II M.SC Physics have attended Two Week Online Outreach Course on“ Overview of Geoprocessing using Python’ from Jan 17-28,2022 organized by Indian Institute of Remote sensing( IIRS),Dehradun
Paper Presentations by Students:
- On 21st December , Sumayya ,Sneha Sagar, PVRK Bharathi, V.Brahma Tejaswini of II M.Sc (Physics) presented a paper at National Students Symposium on Physics -2022 (21-23, Dec,2022) organised by IAPT at B.V.Jagdeesh Science Centre, The National College Campus, Jaya Nagar, Banglore on ‘Comparative studies of Ultrasonic Wave Parameters in Organic liquids by acoustical grating method, guided by Mrs.T.Paleena, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physics
- Ms.Lakshmi Raja,III MPC presented a paper on “ Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry for analysing waste liquefaction Products in Two day International Conference (IVC-DIMR 2021 ) , 14-15 October ,2021 organized by Chaitanya Deemed to be University & Research India Foundation
- Ms.T.Naga Sai Manasa,MsHazra ,and Ms.Beulah Grace ,III MPCc presented a paper on “ Role of Fibre optical grating sensor in wind turbines for power generation” in Two day International Conference ( IVC-DIMR 2021 ) , 14-15 October ,2021 organized by Chaitanya Deemed to be University & Research India Foundation
- Ms.K.Sai Bhavani,& Ms.S.Harini Meebnakhsi ,I M.Sc Physics presented a paper on “ Emerging Applications of Quantum Dots ” in Two day International Conference ( IVC-DIMR 2021 ) , 14-15 October ,2021 organized by Chaitanya Deemed to be University & Research India Foundation.
- On 27th November N.Navya Sree of III MPCs presented a paper on ‘Positive Thinking and wellbeing to overcome Helplessness’ in multidisciplinary International conference organized by Dept.of Social Sciences,St.Pious X Degree & PG College for Women.
Faculty Centric Activities:
Paper presentations by Faculty:
- On 25 & 26 Nov, 2022, Mrs T.Paleena, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, along with Rimsha Fathima and Minathi Pradhaan of II M.Sc (Physics) attended a two day international conference organised by Aurora Degree and PG college , Hyderabad on ‘Emerging trends in commerce, management, languages, sciences and technology” and presented a paper on ‘ Applications of Embedded Fibre Optic Sensors’
- On 25 & 26 Nov, 2022, Mrs T.Paleena along with K.Poojitha and Ch.Anitha of II B.Sc MPCs attended a two day international conference organised by Aurora Degree and PG college , Hyderabad on ‘Emerging trends in commerce, management, languages, sciences and technology” and presented a paper on ‘Transcrasnial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy - An application of electromagnetic induction in medical field’
- Mrs.T.Paleena presented a Paper titled “ HYDROGENBONDING DYNAMICS&COOPERATIVE INTERACTIONS OF NMP/METHONOL BINARYMIXTURE STUDIED BY DIELECTRIC RELAXATION SPECTROSCOPY AND THEIR TEMPERATURE DEPENDENCE” in a National seminar organised by VIR Andhra Pradesh, on Ferroelectric & Dielectrics NSFD-2022 (Virtual ) from 17-19 December 2022.
Ambassador Training Programme:
- Dr.R.Komala attended one Month Advanced Level Innovation Ambassador Training conducted by MoE’s Innovation Cell & AICTE from 30th JUNE-3oth July,2021
- Dr.M.Sangeetha attended one Month Foundation Level Innovation Ambassador Training conducted by MoE’s Innovation Cell & AICTE from 30th JUNE-30th July,2021
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended one Month Foundation Level Innovation Ambassador Training conducted by MoE’s Innovation Cell & AICTE from 30th JUNE-30th July,2021
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi attended One day National Webinar on“Quantum Computing” organized by Dept. of Physics ,Hyderabad ,Institute of Technology And Management (HITAM) on Jan 27,2022
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli participated in one day webinar on “Understanding of PO.PSO and CO on 9/06/2021 organized by S.T.Co.op.Education Society
- On 23rd& 24th ,September,2021 Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended Two day International Webinar on ‘Recent Advances in Material Sciences and Engineering(RANSAY-2021) organized by SVCR Govt.Degree College ,Palamner
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi attended One day National Webinar on “Quantum Computing” organized by Dept. of Physics ,Hyderabd Institute of Technology & Management (HITAM) on Jan 27,2022
- Mrs. T Paleena attended one week FDP on “Nuances of scientific writing and Publishing” organized by Madras Christian College AISCHE. From 11 th to 19 th July2022
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended Seven Day FDP on “ Exploring Dynamics of the classroom-NEP & NAAC Perspective” organized by IQAC, St.Paul’s College, Bangalore from Jan 20-28,2022
- Dr.M.Sangeetha Participated in a five day National Faculty Development Program on “Revised NAAC Accreditation Guidelines 2020" from 1/6/2012 to 5/6/2021 organized by Jains School of Computer Science and IT.
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi attended one week AICTE-ATAL FDP on “ Future Perspectives on Semiconductor devices" from 21st June to 25th June ,2021
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi attended 5 day International FDP on Modern Trends in Power Electronics and Their Applications from 28/6/21 to 2/7/21 organized by VJIT,Hyderabad
- Dr.R.Komala attended 5 day International FDP on Modern Trends in Power Electronics and Their Applications from 28/6/21 to 2/7/21 organized by VJIT,Hyderabad
- Mrs Paleena Thulimilli attended 10 days AICTE sponsored FDP on digital pedagogy organized by JIS College, West Bengal from 5-16, July 2021.
- Mrs Paleena Thulimilli attended 5 day International FDP on Emerging trends in Science and Technology organized by Eshwari engineering college, Ramapuram from July 1-6, 2021.
- Dr.R.Komala attended ATAL five days FDP on Modern Innovations and development in renewable energy technology from 12 to 16 July 2021.
- Dr.R.Komala attended ATAL five days FDP on Modern Innovations and development in renewable energy technology from 12 to 16 July 2021.
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli completed AICTE-sponsored 5 day ATAL FDP on ‘Smart materials for Energy & Environment -An experimental & Theoretical perspectives’ from 26-30 July 2021 organized by University College of Engineering,Villupuram,Tamil Nadu
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended FDP on Participatory Approaches & Technology Investigations for Rural Development through UBA held on 16-18th August,2021 conducted by National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj.
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended 5 days ATAL FDP on ‘Productivity Enhancement through Effective stress Management’ from 15-19, October, 2021organized by IIT,Gouhati.
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended Seven Day FDP on “Exploring Dynamics of the classroom-NEP & NAAC Perspective” organized by IQAC,St.Paul’s College, Bangalore from Jan 20-28,2022.
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi and Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli attended online Workshop on NEP 2020 from 25-27 August 2022organized by HRDC,OU
- On 22-23rd October, 2021 DR.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi attended two day Workshop on “Exploring binary stars using grounded and Space based observatories” organized by Department of Astronomy,Osmania University,Hyderabad
- Mrs.T.Paleena completed 4 months certificate course on Classical Electromagnetism-2( Magneto statics) from August 15 to 25 december 2022,conducted by IIT, Kanpur.
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi,Dr.Sangeetha and T.Paleena attended a ,UGC approved Short term Profesional Development course on ‘ Implementation of NEP – 2020 for University and College Teachers’ from October 27 to November 5, 2022.
- Dr.P.Sangeetha Lakshmi and Mrs. Paleena Thulimilli attended Short Term Course on Renewable Energy conducted by UGC -HRDC ,OU,Hyderabad from 7-12 March,2022
- Mrs.Paleena Thulimilli completed NPTEL Online Certificate Course on ‘Fundamentals of Electronic Device Fabrication’ conducted by IIT, Chennai.
Faculty as Resource Person:
- Mrs.T.Paleena was Judge for National competition on Physics Spark innovation Awards, conducted by KVRSS on23rd july.
- Dr.M.Sangeetha is the resource person for the Induction program Induction Program –AMANTRAN on ‘Student Support System’ on 16th Sept, 2021 organized by IQAC & Commerce Dept. St. Pious X Degree & PG college for Women