The Department organised ‘Orientation Programme on Life Skills’ on 18th August, 2018 by Dr.Venugopal Reddy, who is a world record holder in mind power, powerful speaker and great motivator. The target groups were all Physical sciences. He motivated students regarding personality development, life skills, mind power, self improvement and how to relieve their stress.
- Mrs K.Jyothi attended 4 days workshop 17th Sept to 20th Sept,2017 at Osmania university.
- Mrs R.Mamatha attended three day workshop on ”PYTHON PROGRAMMING”. 6.1.2017 to 8.1.2017 organised by Department of Mathematics, University College of Science, O.U, HYD-07.
- Mrs R.Mamatha has attended a one week workshop on “One-week Instructional School on Abstract Algebra” which was held from December 3rd to December 8thThis workshop was held at Department of Mathematics O.U .and was organized by the Department of Mathematics UGS, O.U
- Mrs K. Uma Maheshwari (HOD Mathematics) attended “ One day seminar” on RELEVANCE OF MATHEMATICS TO REAL WORLD PROBLEMS (on the eve of Mathematics Day) 16 November 2016. Organised by the Dept. of Mathematics, Osmania University with the support of TSCOST, NCSTC,DST
- Mrs R.Kalyani attended National Seminar on 6.1.2017.The National Seminar on “APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS TO CRYPTOGRAPHY” jointly organised by the departments of Mathematics,Statistics & Computer Science at Loyola Academy Degree & PG college,Alwal, Secundrabad.
- Mrs K.Uma maheshwari(HOD Maths) attended two day conference 29-8-2017 to 30.8.2017 on Contemporary Approaches in Scientific Computing organised by department of Mathematics, Osmania University, HYD- 500007
- CSIR-NGRI :PG students visited CSIR-NGRI open day celebrations as Field Trip on IndianInternational Science Festival 2016.
- The Department collaborated with the department of physics to organise a career guidance programme on IELTS(16th November, 2018. The programme was organised for M.Sc students where the speaker CHAITANYA from IDP provided information on IELTS regarding the entrance examination and how to book a slot for it.
- Career Guidence: Dr.Ratnakar DB M.Sc Ph.D M.Th.D.D. Hall PCDA delivered a lecture on Phi i.e. Golden Ratio. Applications of Golden Ration in Flowers, Architecture, Beauty, Smile etc.
- To support the slum, department visited Murukula Basti on 8th September, 2018 which is located at Nacharam. Department contributed clothes, stationary and Groceries to the slum people.
- SHARE A Meal (on 2.8.2017): A share a meal program was organised by the department which involved interaction with 25 students of DivyaDisha Orphanage, Boduppal. The activity focused on giving happiness to the children by distributing food, snacks and fruits to them.
- An extension lecture was given by Rakmaji Rao, M.Sc., B.Ed(Ph.D),CSIR, GATE, SET Qualified where the guest explained Complex Analysis thoroughly and put some light on the topics related to contents sequences & Series, Taylor’s series, Laurent’s series singular points, Residues at poles
- The Department conducted a workshop for the students on 14th November, 2018 of Silver Jubilee Governement College, Kurnool by Mrs.K.Uma Maheshwari, Mrs.Mehrunissa Begum and Ms.Ch.Sparsha. The agenda of the workshop is to make the students apply theoretical knowledge practically namely Geogebra. Some of the applications of Geogebra are Solid Geometry, Algebra, Calculus.
- The Department organised ‘National Level Inter Collegiate Fest’ on 11th September in the Auditorium of the college. The organised events are MOC CID, HUNCY BRAINS, FILM BUZZ, COMEDY CIRCUS and DANCE PIRATES.
- The department celebrated National Mathematics Day on 22.12.2017 which was held on the occasion of the birthday of a great mathematician Shri SRINIVASA RAMANUJAN’S. on this day the Department has conducted various competitions like PPT, Quiz & Games. Mrs K SriDevi( Department of Mathematics) and Mrs M.Anitha (Department of Statistics) were the judges for the competitions who gave away prizes to the winners of the competitions
- A seminar was conducted for the Ist year B.Sc (MPCS & MPC) students on the topic “Higher order linear differential equations ”on 8th February 2018. Students actively participated in the seminar and gained knowledge about its several applications in various fields.
- Department of Statistics conducted seminars for B. Sc (M.S.Cs) I year students on the topic “Discrete Probability Distributions” on 12.02.2018. Students were given different types of real life examples where the distributions can be apply.
The Department encourages the students to actively take part in sports because that helps the students not only to become fit and healthy but also it helps to improve their concentration levels and learn how to accept their failures.
Some of the students who took part in sports are Ch.Sparsha, Jaya Nissi John, P.Tejaswini, Ch.Srisha etc.