National Statistics Day
Department of statistics celebrated “National Statistics Day” and organized an Inter Collegiate Competitions on 29.06.2017. On the commemoration of Mahalanobi’s Birth day, a seminar on “Statistics in day to day life” delivered by the chief guest Sr.Director Dr.Vishnu Vardhan Rao, NIN. 120 students from different colleges and our college were participated in the competitions: Treasure Hunt, Quiz, Poster presentation, Elocution, JAM. The Principal gave prizes to the winners.
Organized a Guest lecture for B.Sc.(M.S.Cs) III year students by Dr.G.Jayasree, Associate professor, Chairperson board of studies, Department of statistics, O.U on the topic “Operations Research” on 14.10.2017.
Extension Activities: Share A Meal:
- A share a meal program was organized on 12.08.2017 with DIVYA DISHA Orphanage, Boduppal. Miss.Sreevani along with 10 students of B.Sc went to the orphanage and distributed fruits and snacks to the children and also interacted with the children by conducting games.
TEACHERS DAY CELEBRATION: 05.09.2017
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics organized Teachers day celebrations on 05.09.2018.
STUDENTS PARTICIPATION: 10.10.2017
- Students of B.Sc (M.S.Cs) I, II& III year participated in “Intercollegiate competitions” held in St.Ann’s degree college for women, Mallapur, Hyderabad on 10.10.2017. Students participated in various competitions like Quiz, PPT, Treasure Hunt, Word Hunt, Rangoli and Photography and brought glory to the college by winning 1st and 2nd prizes.
- Department of Statistics conducted seminars for B.Sc(M.S.Cs) III year students on the topic “Official Statistics” on 09th& 10th November,2017. Students were seen actively participating in the seminar
- Students of B.Sc (M.S.Cs) II year given seminars on the topics “Correlation and Regression” on 18th & 19th September, 2017. Students were actively participated and given different types of examples connected with the topics.
NATIONAL MATHEMATICS DAY: 22.12.2017
- Departments of Mathematics and Statistics celebrated “National mathematics Day”on 22.12.2017. It is celebrated to honor the birth anniversary of the famous mathematician Sir SrinivasaRamanujan.On this event department conducted Quiz and PPT competitions for III year Physical science students. Mrs. M.Anitha, department of Statistics and Mrs.Sridevi, department of Mathematics were the judges for the various competitions.