Cynosure – Intercollegiate Festival- 30th November, 2016
Cynosure was an intercollegiate festival organized by the Department of Social Sciences on 30th November 2016 on the college campus. The festival had various competitions like Short Films, Brand Quiz, Prank Call, Mock Press, Rock Band etc. Students from various colleges participated in the festival.
The final year mass communication students conducted a quiz for the second and first year students in August, 2016 on 'Branding and Advertising'. Around 50 students participated in the event.
Suicide Prevention Awareness Campaign 8th September- 16th September 2017
The Department organized Suicide Prevention Awareness Campaign in the college to bring awareness on suicide among the students with a theme ‘'Take a Minute Change a Life'’. Various activities like Flash Mob
Collage Competition, Guest Lecture, Psychological Counseling Sessions were organized in the College.
Psychology students participated in 2k run organized by Telangana Psychiatric Association on account of Suicide Prevention Day.
Mock Parliament – 3rd February 2017: The students of BA MPML, PPML and EPP participated in the Mock Parliament organized by the department. They took up the roles of different Ministries, Speaker and discussed on several current issues. This was done with an aim to make the students aware of Indian Parliamentary System
International Girl Child Day: 11th October
The department celebrated International Girl Child Day. Various activities like Poster Making Competition, Campus Radio programme and Guest lecture were organized.
The students of Mass Communication launched Campus Radio titled “"RADIO MUNCH"” on 17th August, 2017. The radio programmes are scheduled thrice a week during the lunch break.
The department celebrated constitution day on 26th November to bring awareness about the Indian Constitution among the students.
The department celebrated Gandhi Jayanthi. Activities like skits, elocution competition, collage competition, essay writing were conducted to promote the values of Mahatma Gandhi among students.
- Workshop on 'Drug Abuse and Illicit Human Trafficking' was organized and the resources Persons were ACP- Sandeep and Psychologist- Dr. Devika.
- Workshop on 'Sahayam Skills' was organized by the Department of Psychology for final years resource person was Prof. Dr. Beena, Osmania University.
- Beulah Vennela, Faculty, Department of Psychology attended a workshop on 'Experimental Psychology', at Osmania University.
- Beulah Vennela, Faculty, Department of Psychology attended a workshop on Faculty Development Programme at Gitanjali Engineering College
- Students of BA (MPML) IIIyr attended workshop on 'Short Film Making Techniques', organized by L.V. Prasad Film Academy at St. Joseph’s College, Hyderabad on 20th January, 2017
- Mass Communication students attended 'RJ' workshop organized by 93.5 Red FM on 31 July 2017
- 19th and 20th January : A National seminar on Exploring Indigenous Knowledge System and Empowering Marginalized Social Groups of Indian Society: Policies Practices was attended by the faculty and students of Social Sciences at Sanskrithi Institute, Habsiguda. Students of the department also presented papers in the seminar. Students were briefed on the various groups of Indian Society.
- 6/2/2018: The students of BA Psychology attended a workshop on Addiction – Current Scenario at Little Flower College, Uppal on 16th February. The students were oriented on reasons and various kinds of addiction that youth are influenced. They were also briefed on the rehabilation measures that can be taken to overcome and help addicted persons
- Heritage tour to Golconda
- Visit Zoo
- Visit Anveshi Research Centre, Amberpet
- Visit Deccan Development Society
- Visit Photo Exhibition Osmania University
- Visit Science Exhibition CSIR Platinum Jubilee IICT SCHOOL
- Visit Shilparamam and Botanical Garden
- Visit Handloom Exhibition IICT
- Visit Dhrithi Psychiatric Care
Department of Political Science
Guest lecture was organized by the Department of Political Science on
- “International Relation” by Prof: G. Ram Reddy from Osmania University.
- “Communal Harmony” Prof. J.L.N. Rao from Osmania
- “Road Safety Week” resource person Dr. Geetangali from IDF.
- “International Day for Drug Abuse and Human Trafficking’’ resource person ACP Sandeep
- “Indian Foreign Policy” resource person Prof. J.L.N. Rao from Osmania University.
- 27/1/18: On the occasion of National Voters Day the department organized Guest lecture to students of social sciences. The students lectured on importance of vote to build a constructive nation. They were also oriented on the process of elections in India. Prof. K. Lakshmi was the resource person for the lecture.
Department of Mass Communication
Guest Lecture was organized by the Department of Mass Communication on
- “A Woman of Excellence” resource persons was Dr. Akhileshwari.
- “Broadcasting formats & Script Writing” was organized for II years Mass Communication students on 19th January, 2017 resource person was Fr. Kingston, HOD, Dept. of Mass Communication, St. Joseph College, Hyderabad.
- 5/1/2018: A guest lecture on Development Communication was organized for students of BA Mass Communication final year. Prof. B. Balaswamy from Dept. of Mass Communication, Osmania University was the resource person. The students were lectured on various developmental issues in India, Media’s role in them and also were oriented on the ways to prepare for examinations.
Department of Public Administration
Guest Lecture was organized by the Department of Public Administration on
- “Future of Public Enterprises in India” by Prof. Ram Chandra Reddy, Department of Public Administration Osmania University.
- “Human Rights Day” resource person Dr. Mohan Rao Railway Degree College Tarnaka and CVC. Narshima President Raksha Foundation.
- “E- Governance Flourishing of RTI in India” ‘Dr. Sailaja from Osmania University.
Department of Economics
Guest Lecture was organized by the Department of Economics on
- “Indo- Pak Relations Mr. Muralidhar Hindu Editor was the resource person.
Department of Psychology
Guest lecture was organized by the Department of Psychology on
- “Alternative therapies”- Mrs.Malathi Rao was the resource person.
- Workshop on “Sahayam Skills” was organized by the department. Dr. C. Beena, Coordinator of Sahayam-OU Counseling center & Prof. Psychology, Osmania University was the resource person.
- “Suicide Prevention Programme” – Dr. Purnima Nagaraja, Dhrithi Psychiatric Care & Dr. Swathi, HOD, Osmania University were the resource persons.
- Department of Social Science has organized orientation program me for first year students on the topic “Steps to Success”, Mr. Murthy from R.K.Mutt. addressed the students as how discipline, hard work and commitment leads to success.
- Department of Social Science has organized orientation programme “SHE for Her”. SHE team from Malkagiri was the resourse person who demonstrated the students how to protect and defend themselves from Eve teasing problems. SHE team made awareness among the students the means and mode to approach them. Along with it few safety defense measures were also taught.
- She Team orientation was organized for BA PPML, MPML and EPP students on 5.1.2018. DCP Saleema was the resource person for the orientation. She had an interaction with the students on safety measures for women, importance and working of She teams.
- Department of Social Sciences organized career orientation programme for Students of Mass Communication and Psychology. resource persons were Prof. P.L. Vishweshwar Rao, Retd. Dean OU, and MANUU and Ms. Geeta, HOD, St. Francis college for women
The department of Social Sciences as part of its social responsibility initiated and organized two extension programme – Handloom Expo to Save a Weaver & Medical Camp for college and neighborhood.
To support weaver community and help them in promoting their sales the department has organized a Handloom Expo in the college campus on 18th, 19th and 20th September 2017.The expo was open for the students, staff and neighborhood of the college. There were around seven stalls set by Co-optex, Bengal Cotton, Pochampalli, Banaras, Mangalgiri, Warangal handlooms and Jute Handicrafts. Around 150 visitors visited the expo and up to 80% of the stock was sold. The department and the weavers were happy with the success of the expo and planned to organize it every year.
The department also organized another extension activity as a part of social responsibility and organized a medical camp in collaboration with Lions club, A.S Rao Nagar on 23rd and 24th of November 2017. Inauguration ceremony was on 23rd at auditorium which started with lighting of the lamp followed by the message by the Principal. The members of Lions club enlightened the gathering regarding their work and the initiatives undertaken to help one live a healthy life in body, mind and soul.
The camp was opened for the students, staff and neighborhood of the college from morning 10.00 am to 3.00 pm in the afternoon. Six doctors i.e. Ophthalmologist, General Surgeon, Diabetologist, Physiotherapist, Homeopathy and Dental willingly rendered their services. A number of 1000 individuals made use of the services provided. The doctors and individuals were deeply satisfied and expressed their gratitude for arranging a needful one at college. With the success of the camp, the department planned to organize it every year.