The department organized 4 day workshop on Enzymology (Amylase and Bromelain Enzyme Extraction, Purification and Application) from 12 th to 16th October 2017 with an aim to make students competent to meet industrial requirements. Total 26 students of II BtBC have participated in this workshop. The resource persons were from Nitza Biological Ltd, Neredmet, Hyderabad.
Dept of botany organized extension lecture on Palynology & its application on 4th September 2018. The resource person was Dr. P. Chaya, Assistant Professor, University college of Science, Saifabad.
She focused on the basic concept of Palynology & various areas of its applications. She emphasized the impact of pollen on human health which mostly induce allergy,forensic palynology andMelisso-palynology.
on 4thSeptember, 2018
Field visit :
- An educational field trip to Ananthagiri hills, Vikarabad was organized for students of B. Sc. (Botany) II & III years on 14th August 2018 with the aim to acquaint students about Biodiversity of Telangana region and theiradaptation tochanging environment. They have enriched their knowledge in medicinal plants, wild flora of Ananthagiri hills and collected specimens for herbarium on 14thAugust, 2018 .
- To acquaint students with local flora of Hyderabad and gain knowledge of common medicinal plants , the department arranged a field trip to Botanical garden at Kondapur and Herbal garden at Appa Junction, Hyderabad for II & III year students of MBC & BtBC on 11th August 2017.
Orientation Programs: To have insight in career options of Life Sciences and Biotechnology the department organised orientation programs for final year Life Science students on 23rd June & 8th July 2017 respectively. The resource person were from Dr. Mac Biopharma private ltd & GE Life sciences.
Global Youth Biodiversity Network affiliated to United Nations, called applications for Telangana Biodiversity Fellowship Programme. Main focus is to record the progress of biodiversity AICHI (headquartersJAPAN) targets of India. Eventually our students attended the interview and got selected for the fellowship and our students are volunteering for various workshops organized by Telangana State Forest Academy.
- On 25th August, 2018 ShaikShaheen, Nazmeen ,Archana, Akshya ,Mahalakshmi and Srujana from II BtBC attended fellowship workshop of Biodiversity.
- On 07th september, 2018as a part of fellowship member ShaikShaheen, Naazmeen and Akhila Rao visited Mansanpally Biodiversity Management Committee and surveyed the local farmers about the biodiversity and farming techniques ofthe village.
Asian Workshop(14th-21stOctober, 2018).
- One week workshop was attended by ShaikShaheen (fellowship member) IIBtBC and gained knowledge about youth mobilisation, advocacy, networking skills, monitoring and convention on biodiversity policies.
- Students planted medicinal saplings in the campus to bring awareness of medicinal values.
- Students volunteered for educational trips of various schools.
- Athyujwala, Sharanya , Shruthi & Neha from II MBC won 2ndprize for group singing at Dhruva college of management ( All India undergraduate students festival ) Muqabla- 2018.
- Students participated in Intercollegiate competitions at Andhdra Mahila Sabha for power point presentation and National Science Day celebration at Bhavan’s college Sainikpuri.
- Students presented model at Little Flower College as a part of decennial Celebration.
Women’s Day celebration
Department of Botany and Biotechnology conducted Women’s day celebration on 10th March 2018 in collaboration with a NGO OSFS (Our step for service) whose founder is an Alumni of BtBC.
On this occasion the NGO conducted various competitions like power point presentations, poetry, and 2 minutes speech on their personal inspiring experiences being a women. All competitions were based on the theme “Women empowerment”Nearly 40 students of I, II BtBC & MBC participated in these competitions, prizes and certificates were distributed which was sponsored by OSFC.