The department organized 4 day workshop on Enzymology (Amylase and Bromelain Enzyme Extraction, Purification and Application) from 12 th to 16th October 2017 with an aim to make students competent to meet industrial requirements. Total 26 students of II BtBC have participated in this workshop. The resource persons were from Nitza Biological Ltd, Neredmet, Hyderabad.
Field visit : To acquaint students with local flora of Hyderabad and gain knowledge of common medicinal plants , the department arranged a field trip to Botanical garden at Kondapur and Herbal garden at Appa Junction, Hyderabad for II & III year students of MBC & BtBC on 11th August 2017.
Orientation Programs: To have insight in career options of Life Sciences and Biotechnology the department organised orientation programs for final year Life Science students on 23rd June & 8th July 2017 respectively. The resource person were from Dr. Mac Biopharma private ltd & GE Life sciences.
Extension Activities: Organized share a meal activity for Divya Disha 0rphanage for Girls Boduppal.
Student Centric Activity:
- Students planted medicinal saplings in the campus to bring awareness of medicinal values.
- Students volunteered for educational trips of various schools.
- Athyujwala, Sharanya , Shruthi & Neha from II MBC won 2ndprize for group singing at Dhruva college of management ( All India undergraduate students festival ) Muqabla- 2018.
- Students participated in Intercollegiate competitions at Andhdra Mahila Sabha for power point presentation and National Science Day celebration at Bhavan’s college Sainikpuri.
- Students presented model at Little Flower College as a part of decennial Celebration.
Women’s Day celebration
Department of Botany and Biotechnology conducted Women’s day celebration on 10th March 2018 in collaboration with a NGO OSFS (Our step for service) whose founder is an Alumni of BtBC.
On this occasion the NGO conducted various competitions like power point presentations, poetry, and 2 minutes speech on their personal inspiring experiences being a women. All competitions were based on the theme “Women empowerment”Nearly 40 students of I, II BtBC & MBC participated in these competitions, prizes and certificates were distributed which was sponsored by OSFC.