- Mrs.Vani Gayathri Dept. of Sansakrit attended a Work Shop on "Out come Based Education" on March 208th ,2019 at Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities & Commerece. The Resource person was Mr.P. Raja Sekhar Reddy Asst. Professor, Anurag Group of Institutions, Outcome Based Education Expert. He explained about Course Outcomes, Programme Outcomes, Programme Specific Out come ect.
- Department of Sanskrit Osmania University has conducted the work shop on 2nd June,2017 at Surabharathi
Samithi ,O.U. regarding the new syllabus of II year Degree IIIrd semester CBCS system.
A ONE DAY NATIONAL conference on 19 th January at St. Joseph’s Degree and PGCollege, King Koti, Hyderabad was organized by the department of English and Second Languages. The main theme of this conference was “The Role of Languageand Literature in the Reformation of Contemporary Society”.Vani Gayathri from the department of Sanskrit has presented and published paper with the title Importance of Sanskrit Language in Today”s World.
Srividya Sankara from Department Of Sanskrit attended a Faculty Development Programme on the Topic “Teachers Mentorship Towards Student Skill Development” on 9.01.2019 at Aurora Degree & PG College.
- The Department of Sanskrit organized a Extension Lecture on 26.04.2019. In Examination point of view to motivate the students he delivered the lecture on “ PRASTHUTHA SAMAJE VIDYAARTHENNAM VIDYA AVASYAKATHA” . The topic was selected so as to motivate the students to turn into the right path were he focussed on misusing the cell phones students are not getting the good results by using Sanakrit Slogans .
- Department of Sanskrit organized Extension Lecture on 22.03.2018 to commemorate world Earth Day. Dr, MRK Prabhakar Rao Chief Scientist from NGRI was invited as resource person on the topic Importance of Earth Sciences for Mankind .
- A Guest Lecture was organized on “Upanidhads”, 10.08.2016 by Dr.A. Ramulu, Head of Department OU
- Guest Lecture was by Dr. Ramulu, “Prapancha Vijayaniki Pancha Sutralu”, Principal, Government Degree College, Begumpet on the topic on 09.08.2017.
- Inter Departmental Extension Lecture was organized on 20-06-2016 by Department of Second Languages & Computer Sciences in “Uni-Code Applications for Digital Devices”, by CH.V.Subba Rao, from NGRI.
- “ Think Equal build Smart, Innovate for Change “ , puts innovation by women and girls, for women and girls, at the heart of efforts to achieve gender equality.
The Department of Sanskrit celebrated International Women’s Day on 08.03.2019. The cultural programmes such as Singing, Dancing, skit , Anthyakashari for the II Year B.Sc. students were conducted.
- The Department of Sanskrit celebrated the Mathru Bhasha Dinostavam on 21.02.2019. On this occasion Essay writing & Drawing competition for the students of I & II year were conducted.
- Dept of Sanskrit celebrated SANSKRIT DAY on 25.10.2018. On this occasion Department has conducted News reading competition in Sanskrit for the II year students. Students were participated with enthusiastically. Programme started with prayer by Rukmini II Bt.BC . Manasa II B.C.Mc spoke significance of the day.
- Department of Sanskrit celebrated the Mathru Bhasha Dinostavam on 23.02.2018. On this occasion Dept. conducted the competition for the students of II year on Importance of Mother Tongue.
- Department of Sanskrit celebrated “ SANSKRIT DAY” on 05.03.2018. On this occasion Dept. conducted the News Reading & Story Telling competitions for the students of I& II year.
- The Department of Hindi and Sanskrit had taken up share a meal programme on 08-09-2018 as apart of institutional social responsibility for which fund was raised up tofive thousand seven hundred and provision.1 Tin of Refined Oil and Stationery were given in the orphanage the students from B.A PPML,EPP & MPML along with the faculty members visited the orphanage and spentwith the children and entertained them with music and stories and alsoencouraged them to study hard and achieve their goals in their life.
- Outreach Program on 22.02.2017 in Sarva Siksha Abhiyan Primary School, at Nacharam.
- “World Music Day” was held on 24th June 2017 and the resource person is Perini Sivakumar .
- Share a meal program was on 08.07.2017
Out Reach Programs:
- In its pursuit to enrich the knowledge of primary school children the department has conducted competitions on 5th & 8th January 2018 at Government Upper Primary School, Nacharam. Students has participated with enthusiasm, the competitions were conducted in Essay writing and Drawing.
- Organized a community programme under Swach Bharath – Swach Hyderabad on 21st January 2018. The programme was headed by the corporator of Tarnaka Mrs. Saraswathi, students & Faculty of department of Sanskrit and Hindi of the college, President and office bearers of Nagarjuna Nagar Community Welfare Association, House wife’s and others have participated in the Swach Bharath programme.
- St.Pious X Degree & P.G College conducted Intra & InterCollegiate competitions ” PIOUS ESCADA 2019 on the event of Resonance on 8.2.2019.. On this occasion Department of Second Languages conducted “ACT TO IMPACT “ (Dramatics) competition the students from various colleges participated with enthusiasm.
- In conjugation with the celebration of St.pious Escada 2019, Department of Second Languages conducted quiz (Prashnika) competition on 8.2.2019
- On occasion of sripanchami, Department of Sanskrit conducted a Sloka Recitation Competition on 11th February 2019 . Ten Students participated in this Competition.
- St. Pious X Degree & PG. college conducted Inter collegiate competitions “SAMATVA” on the event of GENDER SENSITIZATION. For this the College conducted various competitions such as Elecution, Debate, Group Discussion MOB GAB,Dramatics & Dance.On this occasion Second Language Department conducted “NRITHYANJALI” Dance competition.
- Intercollegiate competitions was conducted by OU from 12th to 14th October 2017.
- Intercollegiate Cultural Competitions was held by OU on 3rd to 5th of November 2016.
- Class room debate on 09.08.2016